School Life is about having fun and creating memories
Our first goal is to ensure that our students are safe and the second is to prepare them for adulthood.
A set of educational and vocational goals will be set, alongside outcomes from the student’s Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Additional activities include Horse Therapy (Equine), Trampolining, Dance, Canoeing (Phoenix Canoeing Centre), Gym and swimming activities, allotments, and additional Seva Hub experiences. The type of activity including in the timetable will depend on your child’s timetable.
Timings of the school day
Seva Education (7-16 Primary and Secondary School) is open Monday to Friday (term-time) 9:00am to 2:30pm. All students are expected to be in full school uniform and bring a water bottle containing fresh drinking water.
Seva Education (College/Further Education) is open Monday to Friday (term-time) 9:00am to 3:00pm. College Students are not expected to wear school uniform.
At Seva Education, our students should uphold 95% attendance. We do understand that things happen in life, however, communication is key. Parents and Guardians should follow the below absence procedure:
- All Absences and Lateness must be reported to the School Administrator by 9:30am by calling 0208 422 2999 ext. 240
- Please ensure you provide your child’s full name, year group and class name
If we do not receive communication, we will assume this is an unauthorised absence.
If your child’s attendance drops below 95%, we will contact you to see how we can support and ensure that professionals involved are included in creating an attendance plan.
THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Our school will:
- Provide your child with a high standard of education, implemented by rigorous national guidelines, within a balanced, personalised curriculum
- Ensure that our learning environment is stimulating and challenging
- Celebrate your child’s academic and personal achievements
- Provide the scaffolding needed to enable your child to achieve their full potential
- Care for your child’s safety and wellbeing by observation and listening
- Provide a healthy, happy community for our students
Unfortunately, Seva Education does not provide school dinners. We do, however, provide breakfast and healthy snacks/refreshments throughout the day. Parents are asked to supply a packed lunch. We consistently have changes for development, which can be located on the 'What’s going on page'.
On joining our school a full induction process will begin and you will receive an induction pack
Our school will:
- Teach your child to develop a positive attitude to one another, regardless of gender, race, culture, belief, values, age and need
- Encourage your child to become an active member of our community and help them to see that they can have an impact on the world around them
- Regularly meet with you to communicate the progress of your child, celebrating their strengths and explaining how we can support them in their areas for development
- Provide information to you about our school, including relevant policies, meetings, workshops, activities, newsletters and open days
- Be very happy to welcome you if you would like to contribute to our school’s broader curriculum. We recognise that the community holds a wealth of talent, experience, diversity and enthusiasm that our school could benefit richly from